- To isolate beneficial bacteria from the roots of host plants cultivated in the different soil types of Bangladesh;
- To identify the collected bacteria and to gather knowledge about their growth and developmental stages and their life cycles;
- To screen antagonistic bacteria guided by bioassay using Phytophthora capsici ;
- To characterize and evaluate some selected strains of biological control agent for their efficacy in suppression of plant diseases caused by Phytophthora capsici;
- To publish those new findings in international journal and participate in producing new knowledge to the world.
Figure 1. The selected antagonistic bacterial isolates grown on NBA medium (at 3 days of culture).
- Some novel bacterial isolates with unique biopesticide active against Phytophthora capsici are discovered.
- Antagonistic bacterial strains may be used for further study for biocontrol of plant diseases.
- Three of isolated and molecular level identified bacteria have been deposited to the Genbank of NCBI as accession numbers- KF979129, KF944378 and KJ000477.
- The novel findings of the research will be published in reputed international journal(s) and/or patented.